Audrey is a litigation & white collar crime partner who specialises in cross-border investigations focused on anti-bribery laws, including the FCPA and UKBA, sanctions, money laundering and financial fraud, involving multi-jurisdictional regulators and enforcement authorities, together with parallel civil fraud litigation, asset tracing and arbitration. She regularly advises on ABC, AML, anti-facilitation of tax evasion, sanctions and ESG compliance, due diligence and related training.
Audrey has extensive experience working across the energy & natural resources, financial services and life sciences & pharmaceuticals sectors, advising corporates, senior executives and UHNWIs.
Audrey developed her practice at leading US law firms working in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Moscow, Paris and Geneva. She was also seconded to the SFO as an investigative lawyer in the Bribery & Corruption Division and spent time in-house as the Head of Legal & Compliance, Chief Compliance Officer and MLRO of an oil & gas PE firm.
White Collar Defence & Investigations / Litigation / Arbitration / Sanctions / Civil Fraud / Asset Tracing / Compliance / Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption / Anti-Money Laundering / ESG
- Representing a senior executive in a multibillion-pound cross-border criminal and civil fraud investigation by the SFO, FCA, IS and various multinational enforcement authorities of an international financial services group.
- Representing several senior executives in multimillion-pound cross-border bribery and money laundering investigations by the SFO of an international oil & gas group and an international energy services group.
- Represented two French banks before six and five U.S. government agencies respectively in cross-border OFAC sanctions investigations.
- Representing an Asian asset management firm in multiple ICC arbitrations and asset tracing investigations.
- Representing an African oil trading firm in its multimillion-dollar claim against a Big Four accounting firm for fraud and negligence.
- Represented a U.S. PE-backed portfolio company in a dispute over the potential enforcement of debt facilities, which included successfully obtaining injunctive relief.
- Representing an UHNWI in a multibillion-dollar cross-border cryptocurrency investigation by the DOJ and FBI.
- Represented major life sciences corporations in various FCPA investigations in China, India and Australia on grants, improper payments to doctors and kickbacks from distributors.
- Representing an UHNWI in a multibillion-pound asset tracing investigation which relates to an international banking fraud.
- Advising a U.S. medical device company in ABC compliance reviews of its consultancy agreements and conducting ABC compliance training for its C-suite and UBOs.
*Some of the matters above were handled by Audrey prior to joining Avonhurst.
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- BPP Law School, London, City LPC (Distinction), 2004
- Queen Mary, University of London, LL.B. (First Class Honours, Top of Class), 2003
- English / Mandarin / Cantonese