Albert is a capital markets partner, specialising in high yield debt, stressed secondary transactions, and restructurings.
He developed his practice in the capital markets and private equity teams of leading US law firms where he advised corporates and underwriters on issuances of more than US$20 billion across a broad range of asset classes and industries.
Albert has published financial and legal research on high yield debt in the European private equity market and US and ECB leveraged lending regulation.
Capital Markets / High Yield Bonds / Secondary Debt Market / Private Debt / Special Situations / Restructuring / Credit Analyses / Liability Management
- Advising a Middle Eastern institutional investor on the identification and purchase of stressed debt securities.
- Advising a creditor on the €1 billion restructuring of a European shipping business.
- Advising a US payments system company on the capital markets financing of its £8 billion acquisition of a European competitor.
- Advising an international mining company on the issuance of over US$7 billion in high yield notes as well as related consent solicitations, its tender and exchange offers, and ongoing covenant compliance and other corporate matters.
- Advising a South African mining company on its US$180 million equity raise and its issuance of US$650 million second lien high yield notes.
- Advising an Asian E&P company on the bridge credit agreement for its £500 million acquisition of an LSE-listed target.
- Advising the underwriters on the issuance of high yield notes by a European telecommunications company to fund a $9 billion leveraged buyout of a US target.
- Advising a Middle Eastern airline on a €700 million structured financing and related proceeds loans to various affiliated airlines.
- Advising a European unicorn in the fashion industry on the private placement of €330 million convertible preferred shares and related corporate matters.
- Advising a sponsored French specialty chemicals manufacturer on its inaugural issuance of €310 million high yield notes and subsequent acquisition financing through a €95 million tap issuance.
- Advising a leading international catering company on its €600 million revolving credit and term loan B facility in connection with the refinancing of its capital markets debt.
- Advising the underwriters on the issuance of US$360 million high yield notes by an African E&P company and on related liability management transactions.
- Advising a Middle Eastern upstream oil and gas company on its US$500 million balance sheet restructuring and its issuance of US$250 million high yield notes.
- Advising the underwriters on the issuance of high yield notes by an international chemicals and biopharmaceuticals company to partially fund a $5.8 billion carve-out acquisition.
*Some of the matters above were handled by Albert prior to joining Avonhurst.
- New York State
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MBA (High Honours), 2021
- Columbia Law School, LLM (Honours), 2013
- Heidelberg University Faculty of Law – Mag. Iur. (First State Exam), 2012
- English / German / Armenian / Russian