Sophie is a partner who is focused on deal origination and client development. She is highly regarded for her commercial and pragmatic approach to finding innovative solutions for Avonhurst’s clients across a broad range of asset classes and sectors with particular expertise in real estate.
Sophie works with investors to source potential investment opportunities and develop investment strategies, and advises managers and businesses on strategy execution through all stages of the investment lifecycle, from capital deployment through to exit.
Investment Strategy / Finance / Real Estate / Restructuring / Special Situations / Distressed Lending
- Advising a US hedge fund on its investment in a joint venture in the real estate sector.
- Developing a strategy for the acquisition of a significant real estate portfolio and coordination of key stakeholders, including HMG.
- Sourcing and supporting a special situations lender on multiple investment opportunities in the UK and Europe.
- Working with a leading investment manager to identify investors and implement appropriate investment structures for the execution of a novel long income trading strategy.
- Advising an investment group on developing an investment strategy arising from changes in UK environmental policy in relation to certification and permissions for new developments.
- Advising Telereal Trillium on a public private partnership with Surrey County Council.
- Advising Highways England on a strategy in relation to estate optimisation.
- Advising Wiltshire Council on a major infrastructure project, including a new ring road and housing developments.
- Advising various UK local authorities in relation to their commercial investment strategies, including dealing with Public Works Loan Board.
- Advising a real estate fund in connection with its UK growth strategy.
*Some of the matters above were handled by Sophie prior to joining Avonhurst.
- University of the West of England, LL.B., 2013