Ian is a finance partner, specialising in leveraged finance and restructurings. He advises private equity houses, venture capital funds, direct lenders and corporates across all asset classes and geographies. Ian also has significant experience advising banks and other financial institutions.
Ian’s extensive experience enables him to deliver innovative, market leading solutions for clients by implementing the optimal financial product in any stage of their investment lifecycle.
Ian has more than 20 years’ prior experience as a partner at Magic Circle and US law firms.
Leveraged Finance / Syndicated Lending / Unitranches / Asset Lending and Trade Finance / Mezzanine and PIK Financing / Real Estate Finance / Restructuring / Special Situations / Distressed Lending
- Advising a listed Hong Kong company on the partial sale of shares in a football club and its future funding and security and subordination arrangements.
- Advising Damovo in relation to its refinancing with Triton Partners and Kartesia on the basis of multi-level debts, structured returns and security and corporate restructuring arrangements.
- Advising Salary Finance on the restructuring of its structured financing arrangements and asset holding structures.
- Advising Nash & Co on various financings in relation to real-estate backed enterprises.
- Advising BCI in relation to its funding financing arrangements.
- Advising UK Addiction Treatment Group on its refinancing and restructuring of its leveraged finance facilities.
- Advising Aventicum on its fund finance facilities.
- Advising Thea Artemis on the restructuring and refinancing of its structured finance portfolio.
- Advising BCI on the acquisition of an NPL portfolio and refinancing arrangements.
- Advising BCI in relation to its junior financing arrangements to the Prodigy Group.
- Advising BCI in relation to the funding of direct lending loans to corporates.
- Advising Salary Finance in relation to the acquisition of the Neyber business pursuant to a pre-pack administration.
- Advising Chiltern Capital on the acquisition financing for a retail group.
- Advising smava on the English law issues in relation to a restructuring of its debt facilities
- Advising R20 on the potential acquisition of a hotel.
- Advising an investment vehicle on the financing of an acquisition of IP assets.
- Advising Kuehne+Nagel and TechnipFMC on their corporate lending facilities.
- Advising a financial investor on the acquisition of a Dutch bad bank.
- Advising a financial investor on acquisition of NPL portfolios in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Hungary.
- Advising Vestas and Oerlikon in relation to its corporate and restructuring financings.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on various structured financings.
- Advising TPG in relation to an investment in oil assets.
- Advising Permira on numerous financings including in relation to Valentino/Hugo Boss and Tilney Bestinvest.
- Advising BC Partners on financings in relation to Springer Science+Nature and two pharmaceuticals businesses.
*Some of the matters above were handled by Ian prior to joining Avonhurst.
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- University of Oxford, Jurisprudence, 1993
- English / German / French